SHP Summer Conference 2019
5-7 July 2019, Leeds Trinity University
BOOKING NOW OPEN!
Booking is now open for our summer conference. Offering five workshops, five plenaries and a lively fringe, not to mention the excellent company of over 200 History teachers from all over the UK and beyond, we think we’re the best History-specific CPD available.
Please click here to download the flier, detailing the plenaries and workshops available.
How to book a place
All applications and workshop selections for the 2019 July Conference in Leeds will be processed online. Please note the following to ensure easy booking, payment and workshop selection.
Please visit the Leeds Trinity online store to book a place.
- You can only book one delegate per visit to the store but please feel free to make more than one booking per school.
- When you return to the store to make payment online you will need to have the unique number on hand to make the payment.
- Once you have registered you will receive two emails by return; the first is an acknowledgment of booking and the second contains the invoice. However, if you go online to book and pay in one visit you will receive one confirmation email
- It is free to make your booking, but the booking will not be confirmed until the conference payment is received.
- If payment is to be made by a third party ie your school, please ensure that the invoice is passed onto the correct person for payment.
- Please ensure that you follow the payment instructions contained within the emailed invoice; Payment can be made online (preferable), through the Bank (BACS) or by cheque – ensuring you include the invoice number in all circumstances
- If you do wish to make payment through the online store please use the payment link at the Leeds Trinity online store. You can also use this link to book your place.
- Further details relating to workshops and dietary preferences will be sent to you by email from early April onwards.
- Please note that you will not be able to select your workshops until payment has been received.
If you require any further information or help please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
How some people summed up their overall experience at the 2018 SHP Conference…
The best CPD I’ve had.
Excellent CPD, the best I go to all year. Reinvigorates the (history teaching) soul.
Like diving into a revitalising ocean of disciplinary professional development.
An amazing conference. As an NQT this is invaluable. So many thought-provoking sessions and so much to take away for September.
Outstanding, inspiring and passionately-delivered sessions.
Excellent CPD. I always come away with loads of ideas. I’m responsible for whole-school CPD and always share ideas with whole staff in September as so many are transferrable to other subjects.
It was my first time here and I found it thought-provoking, inspirational and exhausting (in a good way!)
Amazing! The SHP Conference just keeps getting better and better. Thank you for reinvigorating my love of history ready for September.
Stimulating, moving, energising. Thank you!
Lovely – thought-provoking, informative, reassuring, challenging, fun
Amazing and inspirational! My first one.
It’s been absolutely brilliant.
Wow. I’ve been immersed in great history teaching for a whole weekend. I’ll be going back to my notes for years to come. Truly inspiring.
Excellent CPD. Lots of strategies to take away and a well-needed injection of enthusiasm. Can’t wait to get planning for September.
An outstanding display of innovation and engagement which has made me feel re-energised and ready to start planning for next year.
Fantastic! Once again providing me with lots to take away and think about.
Recharged, buzzing and exalted thanks to SHP.
A brilliant experience. A great opportunity to enhance pedagogy and reconnect with subject knowledge.
Excellent, as always. Best CPD all year.
Enlightening and reaffirming, giving a great sense of community amongst history teachers.
This is a lovely history community.
Until next summer – keep your powder dry!