SHP Summer Conference
7-9 July 2017, Leeds Trinity University
Please click here to download the programme.
Please click here for the online booking system
A weekend of the best CPD for secondary history teachers covering KS3, all the new GCSEs and A level.
Why you shouldn’t miss the 2017 SHP Conference.
“There aren’t enough superlatives in the dictionary to describe the SHP Conference”
…was how one teacher summed last year’s conference.
Our 2017 Conference promises the usual mix of enjoyment, enrichment and inspiration. There will a strong focus on teaching the new GCSEs, as well as lots of ideas and resources for Key Stage 3 and A level history.
The conference includes five plenary sessions packed with ideas and inspiration for taking forward history in your school:
- A zibaldone of history teaching: the vital role of commonplace things in the history classroom Diana Laffin
- Beyond and behind the headlines: resources and inspiration for teaching African history from KS3 to KS5 Toby Green and Mary-Jane Aladren
- Texts that teach: how historical scholarship has transformed our everyday teaching practice Rachel Foster and Kath Goudie
- Using drama to tell the story of a historic site Ian Dawson, Ruth Lingard and Helen Snelson
- Ofsted: dispelling the myths about inspection Phil Smith HMI
You’ll be able to attend five workshops, led by some of the country’s most inspiring teachers and history educators. This year’s conference includes a range of workshops to help you teach the new GCSE. Workshops also provide inspiration for Key Stage 3 and A level.
In 2017, SHP’s eclectic fringe will include our usual Teachmeet as well as sessions from each of the Awarding Bodies on the new GCSEs
The one-stop resources exhibition provides a great opportunity to check out some great new resources, and to talk to exhibitors.
Please click here to download the flier.
HOW TO BOOK A PLACE – please click here for the online booking system
All applications and workshop selections for the 2017 July Conference in Leeds will be processed online. All your Conference arrangements will be made in this way: meals, workshop choices etc. Please note the following to ensure easy booking, payment and workshop selection.
- You can only book one delegate per visit to the store. Please feel free to make more than one booking per school.
- If you return to the store to make payment online you will be able to make several payments (if applicable) in the one visit, as long as you have the unique invoice numbers.
- Once you have made the initial booking you will receive two emails by return; the first is an acknowledgement of booking and the second contains the invoice.
- It is free to make your booking, but the booking will not be confirmed until the conference payment is received.
- If payment is to be made by a third party ie your school, please ensure that the invoice is passed onto the correct person for payment.
- The invoice will contain a unique number which you will need to have on hand to make payment online, or make your workshop bookings once payment has been received.
- Please ensure that you follow the payment instructions contained within the emailed invoice; payment can be made online (preferable), through the Bank (BACS) or by cheque – ensuring you include the invoice number in all circumstances
- If you do wish please use the following link to make payment through the online store. You can also use this link to book your place
- Further details relating to workshops and dietary preferences will be sent to you by email from early April onwards.
- Please note that you will not be able to select your workshops until payment has been received.
CLOSING DATE FOR BOOKINGS – Tuesday 27 June 2017
If you require any further information or help please contact: Liz on 0113 2837100 ext 556 or email email@example.com
Praise for the 28th National Schools History Project Conference 2016
In partnership with OCR and Leeds Trinity University
- As always, the best value CPD. It always improves my teaching.
- Wonderful. This is the first year that I have attended and I will definitely return next year. Great value for money.
- Brilliant as ever!
- The conference has achieved so many things that will keep my passion for teaching our subject stoked for a long time: tasks I will use tomorrow, ways to plan schemes of work for real historical understanding to mull over for the next few weeks, a clearer idea of the discipline to underpin my teaching in the coming years and some friendships I have made which I hope will last beyond retirement.
- I had an amazing time at the SHP Conference. Such a wonderful weekend filled with historical rigour and fun.
- Brilliant! First time I’ve been and it’s been the best teaching course I’ve been on in 18 years. I will be back next year.
- As always, completely inspirational. This is my eighth year attending SHP and it never disappoints.
- Enriching and engaging. An absolute gem for CPD and fantastic value for money.
- I had a great time. The plenaries and workshops were packed with inspiring ideas. The atmosphere was very open and friendly. I loved it!
- Amazing, friendly atmosphere and useful. I’ve found my inner historian one again.
- 5*. Absolutely fantastic. More beneficial than the last two years of twilight sessions at school. So much packed in. I was overwhelmed by the quality and dedication of presenters and colleagues.
- You’d blow my mind if you could make it any better. Looking forward to next year already.