We are delighted that the SHP Conference 2022 will again be in-person at Leeds Trinity University in Horsforth, Leeds on July 8-10 in time to celebrate SHP’s fiftieth anniversary.
We are making an open appeal for talented history-teaching practitioners to share their ideas for one-and-a-half-hour workshops that promote the principles of the Schools History Project. Whether you have never been to conference before or you are an old hand at presenting, we want to hear your ideas.
We are looking for the usual wide mix of topics and themes:
- practical examples, theoretical ideas, pedagogical advice and historical knowledge,
- suggestions for pupil activities, advice on lesson planning, examples of enquiry questions and reflections on whole curricula,
- sessions for teachers of any secondary age-group from KS2/3 transition, KS3, GCSE and A Level,
- sessions on helping students with reading, writing, speaking, listening, watching, revising, drawing, acting, debating…
- advice on teaching, assessment, community-building, ITE mentoring and professional development.
- new areas of study and new approaches to familiar ones.
We welcome applications from people who have presented at conference many times before as well as first-time applicants.